MANAGER - INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
Successful candidate is expected to have the following:-
• Minimum 3 – 5 years’ working experience in a large manufacturing environment with a diverse workforce.
• A good working knowledge of the Employment Act, Industrial Relations Act and any other relevant laws.
• Ability to liaise with government bodies – especially Labour Department, Industrial Relations, Immigration Department, Trade Union Act and etc.
• Good knowledge of HR policies, disciplinary procedures, appraisal systems, performance management, workforce planning and employee relations.
• Planning, developing and implementing human resources activities/services in accordance with Corporate policies, objectives and goals; serving as an advisor to management on matters relating to employees.
• Coordinating employee relations activities.
• Assisting with implementation of corporate and local policies and procedures.
• Providing technical guidance and expertise to management personnel regarding policies, procedures and problems affecting employee relations.
• Assisting in administration of Company policies and procedures, including the disciplinary action program. Maintaining disciplinary action database.
• Responsible for labor relations functions and maintaining necessary activities that promote the proper Union/Management relations
• Ensuring legal and policy compliance for all issues pertaining to employee and labor relations.
• Providing timely communication to Supervisors and union personnel regarding new initiatives and policies, including relevant regulatory updates. Working closely with managers and supervisors to monitor and communicate all phases of employment related issues, contractual interpretations, labor relations issues, and past practices.
• Providing direction and assistance to Human Resources professionals regarding labor and human resources matters.
• Managing the development, interpretation and application of company policies, and procedures, labor relations, contract administration, grievance handling, employee counseling, and discipline.